Re: Location of API docs

Matthias Klose wrote:
>> which seems more sensible to me. Should I change it to
>> /usr/share/doc/$package/api? I assume I should also create a doc-base.

> where $package is the name of the library package, not the name of the
> doc package (if there exists an extra -doc package).

How come? I thought we put api docs in the -doc package, if there is one.
(The motivation for a split being that the api docs may be large. My
sponsor recommends that this should only be done if the docs are at least
500 kB.)

> The idea was to make the -doc packages depend on other -doc packages
> so that references to other packages can be resolved;

Seems more reasonable to build-depend on the other doc packages to get the
references right, and then Recommend or Suggest the others. For example,
you can make good use of api docs for a library without having
classpath-doc.