Re: Help on java packaging

Wolfgang Baer <wbaer <at> gmx.de> writes:

> > gjdoc is not working in the new kaffe package :'(
> >
> > Also, note that the ant task call the 'javadoc' executable in JAVA_HOME
> >
> > ,----[ ant-1.6.2/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/Javadoc.java ]
> > |     log("Generating Javadoc", Project.MSG_INFO);
> > |
> > |     Commandline toExecute = (Commandline) cmd.clone();
> > |     toExecute.setExecutable(JavaEnvUtils.getJdkExecutable("javadoc"));
> > `----
> >

> But it was working in the old release, or ? I succesfully build
> my api doc with gjdoc. It worked in a pbuilder environment, so
> theres neither a non-free jdk present nor a JAVA_HOME set.
>
> I used the <exec executable="gjdoc" ... > task, not javadoc !

It's a bug in latest GNU Classpath (I have no idea whether it occurs in GNU
Classpath 0.13, Kaffe closely tracks Classpath's CVS head, and integrates the
latest patches on a daily basis).

Someone broke the generated locale information in GNU Classpath, and left out
the collation information, and noone noticed till recently. I've filed a bug
report and hope someone can fix that issue soon.

cheers,
dalibor topic