Re: Kaffe in testing

The problem for me at this point isn't so much a lack of time as it is a lack of understanding about the release cycle underway. I've heard varying stories about whether we can or can't upgrade to new upstream versions. If we can then I've already got 1.1.2 packaged. You can download an i386 version at http://www.brainfood.com/~ean/kaffe_1.1.2-1_i386.deb.

Therefore:
- Download and have a look at that 1.1.2 package if you are on 386.
- Tell me whether you think upgrading to 1.1.2, 1.1.3, etc. etc. while we are in freeze is legitimate or whether we need to be backporting patches from CVS. - If you really want to see results stop complaining about problems and ship me a DBS formatted patch file for whatever is bothering you. Oh, and make sure it actually works first too.

Dalibor Topic wrote:

I am not personally involved in the debian packaging of kaffe [1], so I can't say what Ean's plans are. Kaffe 1.1.3 should come out by the beginning of december according to our 'every two months a release' [2] schedule.

Marko Jung, one of our local debianistas in Saarbruecken, expressed some interest in helping out with the packaging of kaffe to take some of the load off Ean due to our frequent release schedule, and to help with getting up to date kaffe releases into testing, and the next debian release. I've CC:ed him on this mail, too. If Ean approves, he could help out with kaffe packaging. I think Marko already applied to become a debian maintainer, and is, AFAIK, currently packaging the ATI binary drivers.

Ean Schuessler                                      ean@brainfood.com
Chief Technology Officer                           214-720-0700 x 315
Brainfood, Inc.                              http://www.brainfood.com