Re: Kaffe in testing

Salut Arnaud, hi all,

Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:20:39 +0100
Daniel Bonniot <Daniel.Bonniot@inria.fr> wrote:

[...]

Given that a release it coming, it would be really nice if these
issues  could be solved. There are at the moment 17 packages prevented
to enter  testing because of kaffe. Or looking at it more positively,
making kaffe  enter testing would allow (or at least help?) 17 other
package to enter too. :-)

Two more important bugs (but I did not file it on the bts):

- problem with xml entities (bug introduced by gnujaxp): resolved with
  1.1.2

- java.util.TimeZone.SHORT does not exists: resolved with 1.1.2

Dalibor, when do you plan a new release of kaffe?

I am not personally involved in the debian packaging of kaffe [1], so I can't say what Ean's plans are. Kaffe 1.1.3 should come out by the beginning of december according to our 'every two months a release' [2] schedule.

Marko Jung, one of our local debianistas in Saarbruecken, expressed some interest in helping out with the packaging of kaffe to take some of the load off Ean due to our frequent release schedule, and to help with getting up to date kaffe releases into testing, and the next debian release. I've CC:ed him on this mail, too. If Ean approves, he could help out with kaffe packaging. I think Marko already applied to become a debian maintainer, and is, AFAIK, currently packaging the ATI binary drivers.

cheers,
dalibor topic

[1] Beside going over the debian bug database ocassionally, and pointing out what's been fixed in the CVS.
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/kaffe@kaffe.org/msg03400.html