Re: Hourra! Eclipse build on powerpc (was: Re: new eclipse builds)

* Arnaud Vandyck <arnaud.vandyck@ulg.ac.be> wrote:
> WARNING: There are ONLY the powerpc specific packages, not all the
> packages, so you also have to use the apt source from Jan:
> deb[-src] http://www.katzien.de/debian/eclipse ./

Unfortunatelly I won't put up debs, only source. Sorry, but I don't
have a flatraten and uploading about 70MB takes a long time over
ISDN :( Also, I'm running something inbetween woody (gcc2.95) and
sid (libc6-2.3.1) and so it would be unusable for most people.

Maybe I will give the chroot howtos another try to make one for
woody (anyone with an explanation how to do that with cdrom
sources?) and sid (will need a sunday, as I have free netacces
there...)

> I forgot something: "Eclipse runs on powerpc!" ;-)

If i don't get a complain during tomorrow, I will rename my packages
to -5 and tell Takashi Okamoto (who wanted to sponsor my packages)
to go ahead with uploading them to sid.

> You just have to set JAVA_HOME in order to start it
> (for me: export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/j2se/1.3).

Do that in $HOME/.eclipse/eclipserc :)

BTW, just as a sidenote:
eclipse (2.1-4.2) unstable; urgency=low

  * Using JAVA_HOME during buildprozess, if set
  * Try to prevent OutOfMemeoryException in ant during java
    compilation. Also make the java building more failsave.
  * eclipse-sdk and eclipse-webdav-ftp: "Architecture: all"

So, if you are using 4.1, nothing ha changed for you. Only if you
are getting build errors, please try the new packages. On my
systems, it builds now without problems with blackdown java 1.3

Jan