Re: Japanese input

Paul TBBle Hampson wrote:
> If you really like the SCIM toolbar, there's a uim-scim bridge so you can use
> SCIM for the X interface, but uim's backends. (Prime rocks, for reference. ^_^)

I did try adding the 'uim applet'.  That worked.

But I think I'd still like to get scim working.  I installed uim-scim to
see how that works, but I must have something wrong in my ~/.xsessions file.

I had:
export XMODIFIERS=@im=uim
export GTK_IM_MODULE=xim
uim-xim&

and I changed it to:
export XMODIFIERS=@im=scim
export GTK_IM_MODULE=scim
scim&

But it still works exactly like it did before. Screen:
http://epierce.freeshell.org/misc/uim.png.  How should I set my
.xsessions file?

Anyway. thanks again everybody for all your suggestions.  I'm happy to
know there are so many competent Japanese input options for Linux.

Eric P