Re: Japanese Printing

Jan Willem Stumpel <jstumpel@planet.nl> immo vero scripsit:

> Other good news: in Openoffice the Japanese font names (東風明朝 etc.) are
> properly displayed in the font list; and the kinput2 conversion label
> in Openoffice shows an あ (previously it was ?? in Openoffice). BTW
> why is 東風 pronounced 'kochi'?

That's a widely known joke, I think it comes from the story of the
cat from Natsume Soseki, but I am not sure.

> The bad news was: I could not input Japanese anymore in mozilla after
> switching from the Microsoft kanji fonts to the kochi ones. When mozilla
> started up in a Japanese environment (LANG=ja_JP mozilla) I got warnings
> like 'Gdk warning: missing charsets in FontSet Creation' . Mozilla
> started, but I could not start the Japanese conversion system with
> shift-space.

Sounds strange. It might be a user error.
I'd use

export LANG=ja_JP.eucJP
export LC_ALL=ja_JP.eucJP
mozilla

and also check that kinput2 process is actually running.

It's nice to know there is some progress :)

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4