Re: Content Filtering

Craig Sanders wrote:

(don't see the point in either, myself....if you need a free real
db, use postgres. if a toy db is good enough, then use mysql's
myisam...using anything but myisam in mysql completely destroys mysql's
only real advantage - raw speed for simple read-only or read-mostly
apps, i.e. mostly SELECT queries with few or no INSERTs or UPDATEs)

Or (at the risk of someone THINKING I'm anti-free, which I'm not... just offering alternatives)... if you don't need free, buy Informix. Almost 20 years of development effort, runs as well/better than Oracle, and still has 1980s prices.

IBM bought them, it's not "going anywhere" but IBM wants to sell DB2 more than they want to sell Informix, so it doesn't get a lot of "press". It just sits there and runs... and runs... and runs... like good software should.

Nate