Re: Content Filtering

Craig Sanders wrote:

even so, it would be appreciated if you would answer the following
questions:

This person also refused to answer similar questions on a local LUG mailing list, and the SafeSquid site actively blocks people looking at it that use a real (free) Squid proxy to view it.

Apparently this person is completely clueless about the community "culture" of Linux.

Freely taking lots of people's hard work on Squid and then disrespecting it and the people working on it to sell a product and trying to act like the product isn't based on Squid, instead of being open/honest about the resulting commercial product being a derivative of the original, isn't taken well by most people in the community, Squid developers, packagers, users, or otherwise.

Easy to behave differently... and the "community" will applaud efforts to make commercial versions with full support, etc.

Unethical company, in my personal opinion, unless they change their ways. I won't use it, and I'll warn others not to, unless their attitude changes.

In Linux, no one forsakes anyone making a buck, but the developers certainly do like it if the businesses practices of the companies reselling their work, at least don't actively try to guard against anyone finding out that those same developers really created their product for them.

Caveat emptor!

Nate