Re: Changing the default simlink to sh [was: Password file with over 3000 users.]

On 27.09.07 03:01, Nate Duehr wrote:
> He can call the SPECIFIC shell he wants, and not use /bin/sh.

the /bin/sh is SPECIFIC. It's standard bourne shell, which bash is not 100%
compatible with.

How would you feel if someone created shell similat to, but incompatible
with bash, and put /bin/bash as symlink to it, made it a default shell,
started making /bin/bash scripts that bash can't process (because of
incompatibilities) and finally started crying whenever someone complains?

It's sick. It's broken. If you want to be broken, just be. But don't force
us being broken and don't tell us that being broken is standard.

"One World. One Web. One Program." - Microsoft promotional advertisement
"Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer!" - Adolf Hitler