Re: Password file with over 3000 users.

Craig Sanders wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 08:13:40PM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>
>> And I do as well think that those locally
>> written script ARE broken.
>
> then you would be wrong.
>
> on debian, /bin/sh has been bash for over a decade.  that's an historical
> fact.  changing it now would break things for no good reason.
> those who want dash can easily have it. those who don't do not need to
> be disturbed.

No need to repeat, everybody got your point that it's been a decade, and
that people can choose, but you want the default being the same thing as
before, with no change possible.

> no, it's a *stupid* extension of mine, not a "natural" extension.
>
> it's what is known as "grasping at straws". indicating irrationality and
> desperation. your argument holds no water, and you know it - hence the
> descent into absurd projection.

This reminds me the SORBS thread, and ... godwin! :)
Clearly, when somebody (if not a majority) do not agree with you, you
start to be aggressive. There's absolutely no point in insulting others,
and it seems you are the only one playing that game here... Please think
twice before using words like: stupid, irrationality, or absurd when
writing to others in public lists.

It's really a shame to read this when I see many very good comments from
you helping others, showing that you are far from being stupid, and that
your brain is full of knowledge. A bit of respect wouldn't have kill
you, even if you don't agree.

Stop wining and upgrade your *broken* scripts.

Thomas