Re: Reducing SPAM (was: Re: PERSONAL LOAN - KTA)

On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 08:44:08AM -0700, Raquel wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 11:23:52 -0400
> Roberto C. Sánchez <roberto@connexer.com> wrote:
>

> > In any case, I really would be interested in hearing from people
> > who have managed to get a spam filtering setup going that allows
> > only a 0.66% false negative rate.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > -Roberto
> >

> Reducing SPAM on the general mail server is not as easy as reducing
> SPAM on my list server.  The lists I host experience no/zero/nil
> SPAM if they have their list setup properly.  It can be done.

Is that because the range of what is considered Ham on a list server is
smaller than in more general usage?  I know that there are other
possibilities, like making lists subscription-only, which may or may
not work depending on your audience.

Regards,

-Roberto

--