"serious issues with the 2.6 NFS server" (was: Re: Mail clustering)

Am Tuesday, den 20 March hub Michael Loftis folgendes in die Tasten:

Hi!

[...]
> I'd ascertain what kind of load.  If it's I/O, NFS will likely make it
> worse since NFS increases latency to disk by huge amounts.  Also I've had
> some serious issues with the 2.6 NFS server and have stayed on 2.4 for our
> NFS server because of this.
[...]

Sorry for breaking up this thread, but I would be interested in these
issues, as we run some NFS servers on 2.4 and 2.6 machines and only
had trouble with them when hardware problems (SCSI RAID had trouble)
occured.

Could you tell me/us about the serious problems with NFS server on
linux 2.6?

Ciao
Max
--