Mail clustering

Good day,
we have 2 mail server, one with antispam/antivirus services and another one
without them, both with postfix and another server with mysql db backend
storing login/password. We are happy with this, but needing to increase
performance, we are looking for load balancing solutions. The first wat I was
thinking about, is to move the storing from the servers to a single NFS
server, and use the mail/pop3 server just as "engine" that check
login/password on the mysql db and access data in the NFS and load balance
with dns round robin through the various servers I can use as frontend.
The uplink is a 34Mbps so I don't think NFS is a problem for performances.
Servers are different, the antivirus/antispam is only for receiving, while
the other(s) is(are) for both receive and send.

Do you think this would be a good solution ? Is there a better solution than
round robin (ie, perdition or iptables with DNAT based on stattistical
redirection) ?

Thanks

--

Bye Enrico

E' un ottimo sport mattutino per un ricercatore mandare al diavolo
ogni mattina prima di colazione un'ipotesi prediletta: mantiene giovani.
		-- Konrad Lorenz, "Il cosiddetto male"