Re: Suggestions wanted for

Ward Vandewege wrote:
So for what it's worth, the Sil3114 is *not* trash. Sure, it's not the
greatest sata controller in the world (the 3124 is considerably better, for
instance), but it does it's job.
To add yet another data point, take a look at this thread in the kernel devel list where they're discussing how to work around the sil3114's quirks.

I'd like to draw special attention to the part where he says " Silicon Image 311x is fully SATA compliant -- but it's the only controller that sends odd-sized packets to the SATA device. That causes no end of problems...".

As I dig up more and more about the 3114, I'm finding that not very much of it is flattering.

- Joe