Re: NEVER USE SORBS

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 06:55:12AM +0200, Marek Podmaka wrote:
> > yes. that SORBS policy working as documented. they looked
> > like dynamic IPs according to the rDNS, there was no other
> > evidence to the contrary - they *should* have been listed.
>
> When I say you are a murderer, do you have to provide me evidence that you
> are not?

more shrill hyperbole. the consequences of a murder conviction are far
more severe than the consequences of a DUL listing. comparing one to the
other is bogus (in your favour, though...at least you didn't make a lame
comparison to nazi germany).

also, a murder conviction is a legally established *fact*. a DUL listing
is merely the expression of an *opinion*.

> No. Instead I have to provide an evidence that you are. And it
> should be same here.

why?  or more to the point: no.

> If they say some IP is dynamic, they should have evidence for
> that. Why should I prove them that it is not??

it's their list. they can have whatever criteria they like for it, and
you have no say in it at all. if other people agree with or at least
accept their criteria as being reasonable then they will use the list to
either block or tag mail. again, you have no say in that at all either.

quit whinging and just accept the fact that people can run their mail
servers however they like, without regard to your convenience.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>           (part time cyborg)