Re: NEVER USE SORBS

Craig Sanders wrote:
On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 06:55:12AM +0200, Marek Podmaka wrote:
yes. that SORBS policy working as documented. they looked like dynamic IPs according to the rDNS, there was no other evidence to the contrary - they *should* have been listed.
When I say you are a murderer, do you have to provide me evidence that you
are not?

If you think it looks like a gun, sounds like a gun, and causes the same damage as a gun.. it could be a gun. But, I agree with craig on this one. Let's not try and put a listing and murder on the same level, EVEN if it might have some resemblance.. somewhere.. vaguely.. well, acctually, there isn't any resemblance what so ever.. but one might understand what you mean.

more shrill hyperbole. the consequences of a murder conviction are far
more severe than the consequences of a DUL listing. comparing one to the
other is bogus (in your favour, though...at least you didn't make a lame
comparison to nazi germany).

That's asking for it.
Mass murder.. mass listing, and without any etc.etc.etc.. to easy, and not relevant. Such suggestions can create a shitty discussion that leads us from the shitty situations SORBS can (and do) create.

also, a murder conviction is a legally established *fact*. a DUL listing
is merely the expression of an *opinion*.

Not if you are claiming it's based on facts. And if not, where does do they point out that it IS a fact (or not).

No. Instead I have to provide an evidence that you are. And it
should be same here.

why?  or more to the point: no.

If they say some IP is dynamic, they should have evidence for
that. Why should I prove them that it is not??

it's their list. they can have whatever criteria they like for it, and
you have no say in it at all. if other people agree with or at least
accept their criteria as being reasonable then they will use the list to
either block or tag mail. again, you have no say in that at all either.

Is that so? It's a double standard. A usable list by the public (us), and no say in how they operate "their" list. As if they setup a list just to be a royal pain in the ass.. for just about anybody (which they are, and their pretty good at it).

It has been said before, don't use SORBS if you don't want to support them.

 ,Mark