Re: NEVER USE SORBS

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 01:14:02AM -0400, Chris Wagner wrote:
> At 08:35 AM 7/28/2006 +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
> >because you annoyed me enough at some point in the past to get an
> >entry in my ~/.procmail-unwelcome file.
>
> Umm, what is the difference between me sending u a mail through the
> list and directly to u?

the difference is that you are active on lists that i am also on.  i don't
want my procmail scripts telling you to stop mailing me when you're just
mailing the list.  that would be broken.

the fact that it tells you to go away if you mail the list and CC: me is
a minor bug, but one that i don't care about since debian list policy is
that you don't do that anyway.

> Me sending u an email off list is so much more horrible than
> on list???

the point is that i dont (or didn't - i don't actually care now) want
you sending me private mail, whether it is To: me or CC: me.

> And BTW I don't recall ever getting into any kind of flame war
> with u in all the years I've been on this list.

i can't remember either. my guess is that it would have been during one
of the never-ending arguments with the (wannabe)-Holier-Than-Stallman
loonies on debian-project.

> Maybe u were just having a bad day or u got a parking ticket.......?
> So now instead of taking

i probably just got bored and sick and tired of seeing the same
worthless, pedantic and/or trivial crap regurgitated in message after
message. that's what usually earns an entry in my procmail file.

> So how about declaring victory/peace/whatever and removing me so that
> in the future when I want to correspond with u, legitimately of course
> T_T, we can do it without broadcasting it to the whole world?

it's not about victory. it's about not getting mail from people i don't
want to hear from.

but yeah, ok.  removed.  commented-out, anyway.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>           (part time cyborg)