Re: what is SWIPed ?

Michael Loftis wrote:
This is a self-SWIP to indicate we're using this particular space (well we're assigning individual /32's out of it.) Anything /28 or less

/29 or less, actually. According to ARIN policy. (Being buried in trying to properly automate some of the IP block labelling via rWHOIS right now...)

should be published in SWIP. Strictly speaking you don't have to publish self-SWIPs like we do but it helps us keep track of things.

Mmmh. It helps ARIN decide somewhat more quickly whether to give you more IP space if you publish "complete" data on what your various netblocks are used for.

-kgd