Re: Querying Debian release and dpkg database with SNMP?

Quoting Christian Hammers <ch@debian.org>:

>> > (A complete management via SNMP like RedHat offers it is another topic
>> >
>> Never heard of. Got a link/page on what it looks like?
>
> Take a look at "http://www.redhat.com/en_us/USA/rhn/";, they have some
> tours, screenshots and docs about it. I never used it myself and looks far
> more than just gathering a packagelist from all my servers but you get
> the idea what is possible.

That's the RedHat Network. That's not SNMP, it's there administration
system...

If you mean the monitoring stuff, Cacti is a lot better!

But as soon as I have some time on my hand, I'll see what I can do
about the '(Debian) package SNMP monitor'...
--
pits Serbian terrorist Ortega Kennedy Soviet Semtex cracking radar
Saddam Hussein explosion FBI North Korea munitions Ft. Bragg