Re: Best file system

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 11:34:33PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Adorj?ni G?bor <adi@adi.priv.hu> [2006.02.01.2320 +0100]:
> > Don't even think about using XFS, if you plan to use even a moderately
> > loaded MySQL instance on top of it. It locked up one of our servers
>
> I wouldn't want this to become a flamefest, but thankfully, I would
> never have a MySQL instance on an XFS filesystem, or any filesystem
> for that matter. :)

i've unfortunately had to run mysql servers at various times, and i've
had no FS-related problems whatsoever with them on XFS filesystems
(2.6.x series kernels). just the usual mysql annoyances and limitations.

> I can confirm that PostgreSQL, even very loaded (we have an instance
> here that occupies 71 Gb), works like a charm on an XFS filesystem.

here too.

XFS is my "standard" file system. it's rock-solid reliable, and fast. i
use it for everything except /boot and tmpfs of course.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>           (part time cyborg)