Re: mailing list manager question

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 12:02:49 -0500, Peter wrote in message
<[🔎] 4384A0B9.8060603@innovativebusiness.net>:

> Just went a few rounds with AOL, who had been blocking all mail from
> our  servers. To resolve the issue, I had to apply (practically with a
> gun  pointed at my head) for their whitelist. Some of their
> requirements for  mailing lists follow:
>
> "Such details as the date a nd time when the e-mail address was
> obtained  along with the IP address of the subscriber and the web site
> they  visited to sign-up must be made available to AOL upon request."
>
> I am currently using majordomo, which definitely does not comply. Does
> any one know of mailing list software (debian package preferred but
> not required) that does?

..see Marc 'n Peter for the techs, I just ask _whether_ you should,
in the civil rights context.  People die on tech's not asking the why
etc questions, some people has very good reasons to protect their
ID's, and all civilized jurisdictions respect those rights.

--
..med vennlig hilsen = with Kind Regards from Arnt...
  Scenarios always come in sets of three: