Re: Logging server for stats

> I got the solution for you. I've been using a system that collect
> informations for all services (smtp + pop + imap + ftp + http) that was
> counting all each day. Then I've changed my mind and did it in real time.
>
> What I wrote is called "mysqmail". It's a mail logger system written in
> C (quite fast, it's not ugly perl) that takes the daemon log files as
> input, and send the result to mysql. I did also some (quick and small)
> modifications to mod_log_sql2 so it manages a "score board" table with
> the bytes sent and hit number for each vhost of my apache servers. All
> that is packaged in nice .deb binary package, I'm working currently in
> building a nice Debian repository for sarge.

Excellent! This is cool, however, i added

deb ftp://www.iglobalwall.com/debian stable main

to the apt-get source.list and get this on an update:

Err ftp://www.iglobalwall.com stable/main Packages
  Could not connect to www.iglobalwall.com:21 (63.208.1.240),
connection timed out
99% [Connecting to www.iglobalwall.com (63.208.1.240)]

> The result is that I have now all my traffic accounting in real time for
> each user and per services, and sum up in the bandwidth monitoring page
> of my (open source) control panel. A web server is running in production
> since last Friday (that's 6 days already) with that patched
> mod_log_sql2. As I'm writing, it has served 273 141 hits (2GB of data)
> for a phpBB based site (this site does nearly 4 million hits a month).
> The additional load is very low, and it's very nice to have it in real time.

Cool stuff!, i'll have a play with it on development (once i install)
and let you know and issues i have.

Simon