Re: Maildir quotas

On Sat, 2005-08-27 at 11:11 +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> First, please respect list policy and do not send copies of list
> mail to me.

Sorry, I must have hit reply to all by mistake.

> Second, if the MDA fails to deliver a message, it can let the MTA
> know. With postfix, the way to do so is with exit code 75 (5xx) and
> 69 (4xx) I believe. Plus, whatever it writes to stdout will be
> included in the DSN sent by postfix.

Im referring to NDR's, not a simple 4xx, 5xx return code. Everyone has a
different way of thinking in this area. I see handing the message off to
another delivery agent as a waste of threads when it can all be handled
at rcpt time and closed before being accepted if its no going to be
delivered.

I dont know postfix well enough to know if it closes the smtp
conversation once its handed off to the mda, but i would assume that at
this point it would have.

--
Shane