Re: Debian woody - Invalid operand errors

<-------snip a bunch of older stuff------->

> Well, started to work on the upgrade to 2.6.8 on one of the two
> servers
> today.  Tried two methods, 1 using the .deb file, the other doing a
> compile.
>

> Using the Deb file, I got a warning about the fact that there was no
> initrd.img file on the drive.  The 2.2 Kernel I has didn't need it.

Was it saying there was no initrd on the disk, or that you didn't
have one in lilo.conf. When I have upgraded in the past using the
dselect,  if I am running lilo, I have to manually insert
"initrd=/initrd.img" or something in /etc/lilo.conf. If you need,
I'll be happy to send you a copy of it.

Of course, if you are running grub, ignore the entire above paragraph.