Re: securing a WLAN with PPP (or the like)

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 08:33:56 +0000
John Hedges <john@drystone.co.uk> wrote:

> > >Mac OS X 10.3 has IPSEC and L2TP support.  I'm not sure about Linux
> > >clients yet; I'm doing the same set of experiments as Paul.  :)
> >
> > I would appreciate it, as I'm sure many others would, if you and
> > Paul could post your test results and conlusions to the list when
> > you get done.
>
> I've been running IPSec on a wireless OS X client for some months now
> with 2.6 kernel modules. Unfortunately I had to disable it a couple of
> weeks ago as, after a gateway kernel upgrade from 2.6.6 to 2.6.10, the
> IPSec packets were no longer being forwarded.
>
> I can post both Mac and linux configs if they are of interest.
>
> I'm also eager to hear if anyone has any ideas as to why 2.6.10
> stopped routing IPSec as I'd very much like to re-enable it.

I've only been reading the thread up to this point, but I would
definitely be interested in seeing your Linux and Mac configs. Most of
my network is Linux, but I have a iBook running 10.2.8 that I need to
secure on the network (and haven't even been able to get it to play nice
with WEP up to this point).

Thanks,
Jacob