[OT] WEP on iBook -- was: Re: securing a WLAN with PPP (or the like)

I've only been reading the thread up to this point, but I would
definitely be interested in seeing your Linux and Mac configs. Most of
my network is Linux, but I have a iBook running 10.2.8 that I need to
secure on the network (and haven't even been able to get it to play nice
with WEP up to this point).

Upgrade it to MacOS X 10.3.x, WEP support is a lot better in 10.3. I used 10.3.8 on my PB 12" to connect via WEP to my old accesspoint. Also WPA is fully supported, which is even more secure, and which I use now on my new AP.

Pim