Re: Which Spam Block List to use for a network?

[no cc:s on list mail, please]

On Wednesday 30 June 2004 18.17, Russell Coker wrote:
> If you reject a message with a 55x and a suitable message then the
> author of the message can find another method of contact and there is
> no loss merely inconvenience.

While I personally agree, some people react extremely offended/aggressive
when confronted with a rejection message (there are quite a few of these
in the Debian project ;-/, and I've met one or two in my
<http://www.pool.ntp.org> project (</plug>)...

Also, some people do not know that an email bounce is perfectly readable
(these are people who perfectly know how to read and who understand
english, but go run away screaming when confronted with a slightly
technical-looking message - the 'it's techincal, I won't understand it
anyway' mindset).

In both cases, the result is that the 'other method of contact' does not
usually happen, but the failure of communication is just being ignored.

cheers
-- vbi

--
Available for key signing in Zürich and Basel, Switzerland
                    (what's this? Look at http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/intro)