Re: Which Spam Block List to use for a network?

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 01:34, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder
<avbidder@fortytwo.ch> wrote:
> I agree that false positives are extremely annoying, so an ISP/corporate
> anti-spam policy will have to be more conservative than what some here
> use for their own email.

The correct solution to false positives (IMHO) is to be extremely conservative
in regard to dropping email.  Only a confirmed virus should be dropped on the
floor.  Any other rejection of a message should be a code 55x in the SMTP
protocol.

If you reject a message with a 55x and a suitable message then the author of
the message can find another method of contact and there is no loss merely
inconvenience.