Re: Which Spam Block List to use for a network?

Hi,

why don't you make life easier for yourself and forget trying to block Spam!
Let your customers and/or users be responsible for blocking Spam!  There is
plenty of anti-spam software out there for both Windows and Linux platforms
for the end-user to choose from and use to block Spam.  I mean, I think this
Spam "problem" should be left up to the individual, like so many other
things in life, and stop having companies and/or organizations trying to
control the e-mail aspect of the Internet.  I feel that even companies large
and small themselves (and I'm not talking about ISPs) should be the ones to
control Spam, just like the (try) to control access to Porn sites.

Even with all of the anit-spam solutions and Black Lists out there, I still
get alot of Spam, but for me it's not much more of a problem than to just
click the delete button/option, and empty my waste basket once a week.

I really think there's people out there on the wrong track trying to tackle
this Spam "problem" (in terms of ISPs and their services), and not (really,
fully) realizing what effect this control has on the Internet.

Look, when I go to the store, I can buy whatever TV is out there on the
market, and I can bring it home and tune it in for all (or none) of the
broadcast stations available in my area.  I can pay for cable TV, or not.  I
can even control what gets seen and when, including all of the (Spammed)
commercials.  So I've controlled everything from choosing the TV, to
watching what I want in the evening; not the store, not the station/channel
I'm watching, but me.

Spam Black ("Block") Lists?  Not a good thing in my opinion!!  I mean,
e-mail servers can be configured NOT to relay for unauthorized domains
anyway.  I'm not an advocate of e-mail Spamming.  I just feel that the
control or blocking should be left up to the individual user.  Just like
it's my choice which "Office" package I want to (buy and) use. ;-)

-Robert