Re: Which Spam Block List to use for a network?

Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> said on Sat, 19 Jun 2004 19:54:55 +1000:
> On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 18:04, Adam Funk <a24061@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On Saturday 19 June 2004 07:50, Russell Coker wrote:
> > > By far the most false-positive entries I have had are from
> > > postmaster.rfc-ignorant.org and abuse.rfc-ignorant.org.  The
> >
> > That's because rfc-ignorant.org's lists aren't about spamming.  They are
> > about domains that fail to conform to certain RFCs.  (Although I
> > disagree with their listing of *.uk on the grounds that the UK registry
> > allows people to withhold their private contact details from whois.)

Haven't they always allowed to be fake anyway? Isn't that how spammers
get away with spamming in the US?

> They also list all of Australia for the same reason as listing the UK.  It
> seems that whois is not worth much any more.

And all of our national monopoly^Wcarrier are in some other
blacklists, because they are not so prompt in dealing with
spam. Unfortunately, what does every ISP use as an upstream?

Never trust a man who can count to 1,023 on his fingers.