Re: You can start saving now

Rod Rodolico said:
> 2) spamassassin uses some processing power, so I am only running it
> against unknown senders

What is your mail volume?
You really need a serious amount of mail for SA to bog down.
As you all realized, mail volume is relative.
>From what I've seen you can handle 100-200K messages per day on a single
2-3GHZ mimedefang+sa box with no problem.
Then throw in greylisting if sa is slowing you down.
That should work well at reducing the number of messags you need to run
content-analysis on with sa.

Greylisting has worked well at blocking drive by spammers from one shot ip
addresses.
I've used it on my production servers with never a complaint.

--
--Luke CS Sysadmin, Montana State University-Bozeman