Re: Strabge LDAP problem

On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 05:06, Stephen Gran wrote:

Stephan, to start it is possible to do what you want...

> By accident, I reran finger in my root session that was kept open as an
> "I hope I don't hose something" backup plan, and it worked.  Now I start
> to think ACL's, nscd permissions, etc, but I see nothing out of the
> ordinary.  We're using a pretty close to stock Debian config for all of
> this, with some minor tuning for indexing options and cache size, but
> that's about it.  The ACL's are the stock ones, so I really don't know
> what's falling over here.  Anybody have any ideas what to debug next?

looks like an rights problem with the nss libraries...

- check that the file /etc/libnss-ldap.conf has file mode 644
- check the rootbinddn stanza in the /etc/libnss-ldap.conf file
- check that you have nscd installed and running

these 3 work as a team to do the anonymous nss magic...

if it still fails try (as a normal user)

 strace finger <ldapuser>

--
JJ van Gorkum                             Knowledge Zone
If UNIX isn't the solution, you've got the wrong problem.