Re: Sugesstions building a rather big mail system.

Markus Oswald wrote:

Am Die, 2003-10-07 um 17.05 schrieb Emmanuel Lacour:

Backup is something you'll definitely want to take a closer look at as
500k user will generate enough data to keep larger libraries busy for
hours (don't forget the restore procedure may take a long time too).
Incremental FS snapshots would be cool for this, but I don't know of any
way how to do this with Linux.

best regards,
  Markus

Would LVM snapshots work well enough to do the trick? I haven't played with LVM, so I don't know how long it takes to perform a snapshot...

--Rich

Rich Puhek
ETN Systems Inc.
2125 1st Ave East