Sugesstions building a rather big mail system.

Hello fellow sysadmins,

I have been aproached about building a rather big mail system handling
500.0000 existing accounts (running today on a windows based product (ick))
with a growth about 50.000 new accounts per year.
The services needed is: smtp, pop3, imap4.

I have used LVS for about 3y with good results for 30.000 acounts.
But this is certainly a bigger project. Should I go for alteon or any other
closed product or stick with LVS?

Is there anyone on the list running such a system or have some comments about
building such a system? (I do prefer to use OS/FS Software)

My main concern is the storage. SAN?
Anyone used supersparrow for source based load balancing?

What do you think?

Thanks for you time.

--
 .''`. Fredrik, stone@debian.org
: :' : 2CD6 C838 BE77 795F 5EF1  3E5B DA91 EE7B A58E 164