Re: German KK-applications and domain transfers

* Thomas.Lamy@netwake.de (Thomas Lamy) [2003.05.24 15:41]:
> Cameron Moore wrote:
> > This is a little off-topic, but I figure someone here has to
> > know this.
> >
> > A customer of mine is wanting to buy a domain from a German citizen.
> > They tell me that the German told them to fill out a KK-application to
> > get the domain transferred.  Can anyone tell me where to get more info
> > on this KK-application (preferrably in English)?  My googling
> > has turned
> > up nothing informative.
> >
> > Also, does anyone know if this is really necessary?  Can we not just
> > request the tranfer with our Registrar and let the registrars
> > take care
> > of the authentication and validation?  Thanks
>
> The procedure for .de domain transfers is:
<snip/>

First, thanks everyone for you replies.  From the list replies and the
private replies I've received, I think I have a clear understanding of
how this works now.  One thing I forgot to mention was that the domain
is a .ORG, which makes a big difference.

Anyway, as I said, thanks for your replies.  I think I can take care of
the transfer now.  Danke!
--
Cameron Moore
[ Whatever happened to preparations A through G? ]