Re: failure notice (about relays.osirusoft.com)

On Sun, 18 Aug 2002 16:55, Jason Lim wrote:
> > Large multinational firms get to choose their own policy for spam
> > blocking,
> > they don't let an ISP tell them what to do.  All you need is a MD of a
> > company they do business with being unable to send an email to the MD of
> > their company and heads will roll.
> >
> > If you want to persue your crusade against spam blocking then finding an
> > incidence of it affecting a multinational is a good way to start.
>
> In reality, since the multinational will control all the email servers
> that email passes through, they certainly wouldn't use an RBL that blocks
> themselves.

Or organizations that they regard as important...

> So... if suppose for people that do not send email to/from Asia, blocking
> ALL of Asia off wouldn't make the slightest difference to them. So hence
> RBLs that block all of Asia may indeed block out a lot of spam because
> American spammers are abusing the Asian servers/networks.
>
> However, for people that do communicate with Asia a lot, aggressive RBLs
> that liberally block Asian ISPs and networks just do not cut it. osirusoft
> is one that we will not use because of this.
>

> I invite you to see someone else trying to get off an RBL through NANAE...
> and see how wonderful the people are at NANAE:

What do you expect?

The way to get off the black list is to stop spammers.

Also it would be good to see a response from you to Jules regarding the
"Zentek (Jason Lim) is a spam-house, Iadvantage
tolerates spammers" issue.