Re: how to design mysql clusters with 30,000 clients?

Everything I've heard about experiences with mysql on NFS has been
negative.  If you do want to try it, though, keep in mind that
100Mbit/sec ethernet is going to give you 12.5MByte/sec, less actually,
of I/O performance.  GIGE cards are cheap these days, as are switches
with a few GIGE ports.  1000baseT works, take advantage of it.

I hope you'll think about a solution other than mysql for this problem,
though.  It's not the right tool for session management on such a scale.

--
Jeff S Wheeler               jsw@five-elements.com
Software Development            Five Elements, Inc