Re: how to design mysql clusters with 30,000 clients?

Hello Nicolas Bougues <nbougues-listes@axialys.net>,

I'd like to discuss the NFS server in this network scenario.
Say, if I put a linux-based NFS server as the central storage device and
make all web servers as well as the single mysql write server attached
over the 100Base ethernet. When encountering 30,000 concurrent clients,
will the NFS server be the bottleneck?

I am thinking about to put a NetApp filer as the NFS server or build a
linux-based one myself. Can anyone give me some advice?

If I put the raw data of MySQL write server in the NetApp filer, if the
database crashes, I can hopefully recover the latest snapshot backup
from the NetApp filer in a very short time. However, if I put on the
local disk array(raid 5) or linux-based NFS server with raid 5 disk
array attached, I wonder whether it will be my bottleneck or not.

How does mysql support the NFS server? Is it wise to put mysql raw data
in the NFS?

--
Patrick Hsieh <pahud@pahud.net>
GPG public key http://pahud.net/pubkeys/pahudatpahud.gpg