Re: Spamassasin over RBL, was Re: rblsmtpd -t?

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 03:11:39AM +1000, Jason Lim wrote:

> Okay, i think it comes down to personal preference. I saw the
> Spamassassin's "rule" list... someone typing in the word "AMAZING" gets
> 0.125 or something points, "FREE" gets how many points, etc. All it takes
> is for spammers to simply change their wording a bit (as they have in the
> past... like A.M.A.Z.I.N.G), and it defeats Spamassassin, whereas the RBLs
> are immune to such tampering.

Unfortunately, spamassassin marked this post as spam:

SPAM: -------------------- Start SpamAssassin results ----------------------
  SPAM: This mail is probably spam.  The original message has been altered
  SPAM: so you can recognise or block similar unwanted mail in future.
  SPAM: See http://spamassassin.org/tag/ for more details.
  SPAM:
  SPAM: Content analysis details:   (5.8 hits, 5 required)
  SPAM: Hit! (0.0 points)  Subject: ends in a question mark
  SPAM: Hit! (0.7 points)  BODY: Contains 'G.a.p.p.y-T.e.x.t'
  SPAM: Hit! (3.1 points)  BODY: Contains word 'AMAZING'
  SPAM: Hit! (2.0 points)  BODY: Talks about opting in
  SPAM:
  SPAM: -------------------- End of SpamAssassin results ---------------------
version=2.11

It's the first (somewhat) false positive I've had for months.

*&$* Typical!

--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com