Re: Spamassasin over RBL, was Re: rblsmtpd -t?]

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 09:24:57AM -0400, Gene Grimm wrote:
> Speaking as an ISP that has to deal with spam complaints from our clients,
> most people consider it spam if it was unrequested -- thus the definition of
> Unsolicited Commercial Email. It's bad enough to have to deal with junk ads
> through snail mail, but now we have to deal with junk ads in electronic
> mail. At least with snail mail the advertisor has to foot the whole bill of
> the ads so they have to budget their advertising. What irritates me is when
> the spammers try to claim that they are sending out their junkmail "in
> accordance to federal legislation" and refer to some House or Senate bill.
> To the best of my knowledge, there still isn't any actual statute that has
> been signed into law regarding spam.

There is a big difference between spam with a legitimate reply to
and valid bounce address, that will in fact bounce back.
spam with a forged reply to and where bounces bounce is a whole
different issue.  YMMV

> >From Glenn Hocking:
> > Problem seems to be that GE and Pizza Hut (and others)  send out spam
> themselves so end up on the lists.
> > Seems that one persons advertising email is another persons spam.....

rblsmtpd -a accept list

Of course when most of sprint is in the spamblock that doesn't work.