Re: Spamassasin over RBL, was Re: rblsmtpd -t?]

Speaking as an ISP that has to deal with spam complaints from our clients,
most people consider it spam if it was unrequested -- thus the definition of
Unsolicited Commercial Email. It's bad enough to have to deal with junk ads
through snail mail, but now we have to deal with junk ads in electronic
mail. At least with snail mail the advertisor has to foot the whole bill of
the ads so they have to budget their advertising. What irritates me is when
the spammers try to claim that they are sending out their junkmail "in
accordance to federal legislation" and refer to some House or Senate bill.
To the best of my knowledge, there still isn't any actual statute that has
been signed into law regarding spam.

>From Glenn Hocking:
> Problem seems to be that GE and Pizza Hut (and others)  send out spam
themselves so end up on the lists.