Re: Spamassasin over RBL, was Re: rblsmtpd -t?]

I would love for it to work but I spent a couple of days tracking down why some email (to do with payroll so was very important) was being bounced.

Turned out to be spamcop. As soon as I removed the rbl from my sendmail config the mail started flowing again.

Problem seems to be that GE and Pizza Hut (and others)  send out spam themselves so end up on the lists.

Seems that one persons advertising email is another persons spam.....

Best regards
Glenn Hocking
Publish Media Pty Ltd

http://www.sitegeneral.com

Jason Lim wrote:
Hi Glenn,

Strange, as Spamcop only blocks IPs if they are actually found to be
spamming, with an example spam included. And I think spamcop removes older
entries every 24 hour or 48 hours or something like that.

So unless someone was spamming from Pizza Hut and/or GE recently, I can't
see how they could be added. Personally I don't like those lists that just
block mail from IPs they don't like, even if there is no spam coming from
them. Thats why I like spamcop... only blocks when real spam comes
through.

Do you know if actual spam is being sent from GE and Pizzahut?

Sincerely,
Jason