Re: desired webserver setup

On Sat, 23 Feb 2002, Matt Andreko wrote:

> I'm trying to reorganize everything I have on all my servers, because
> I'm going to be switching webservers soon.
> Currently I have my websites in a "hacked up" manner.  I have the main
> site at /var/www, and then others at such as /var/www-sitename
>
> Can anyone give me a good standard way of putting websites in? I've seen
> /www/sitename.com/ and such, which seems  fair enough, but I was wanting
> to see what everyone thought.

I use suexec for all my CGIs; and each website is owned by a different
user and group. I place all my websites like:
/home/[a-z]/domain.name.foo/public_html

Each has logs at ~user/logs/access.log

  Jeremy C. Reed
echo 'G014AE824B0-07CC?/JJFFFI?D64CB>D=3C427=>;>6HI2><J' |
tr /-_ :\ Sc-y./ | sed swxw`uname`w