Re: customizing debian apache

* jdub@perkypants.org [2001.11.07 00:00]:
> <quote who="Cameron Moore">
>
> > Look in the the debian dir of the src deb.  The rules, post*, pre*, and
> > apacheconfig files are all hardcoded to assuming the Debian Layout.
>
> You haven't mentioned what's wrong, or requires customisation...

Are you blind?  You quoted what's wrong.  The build scripts assume you
are installing into /var/www, /usr/lib/cgi-bin, etc as defined in the
Debian Layout.  I would like to be able to alter the layout in a single
file, run `./debian/rules build`, and have the build process alter the
post*, pre*, etc files to adhere to my customizations.

I am well aware that there are ten different ways to do this the "hard
way".  I can build apache from the official apache source tarball, but
I'd like to be able to install a customized deb package that's easy to
maintain (ie. I don't want to have to go in and hack up the build
scripts every time I upgrade).
--
Cameron Moore