Re: Journaling FS for Production Systems
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Journaling FS for Production Systems
- From: Amaya <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 16:51:04 +0100
- Message-id: <20011106165104.J965@aenima>
- In-reply-to: <1005056341.2497.16.camel@proguy>
- References: <3BE7B55C.2591.45E3B1D@localhost> <1005056341.2497.16.camel@proguy>
Paul Fleischer dijo:
> Hard to say, however, I have had some serious crashes with reiserfs.
So have I.
> At one point it blew my partition into pieces, at a reinstall was
> needed (reiserfs from kernel 2.4.8).
Reiserfs used to be stable enough and performance overhead was not
really noticeable (I'd reccomend 2.4.7 and 2.4.9. Never 2.4.5).
I had the great idea (tm) of rebooting with a previous kernel version,
and the journal was lost, mangled or whatever. So was my data. MP3s
became HTMLs and so on. There were files I couldn't ls or delete, even
as root, but I could move them around. Weird.
Reinstall and back to ext2. No big deal, I find it stable enough ;-) and
don't trust journaling anymore ;-) This is my little trauma.
Please share positive journaling experiences so that I can overcome it
Open your mind, and your ass will follow - Michael Balzary, aka Flea, RHCP
Amaya Rodrigo Sastre www.andago.com Sta Engracia, 54 28010 Madrid
BOFH-dev && CVS Evangelist Tfn: 912041124 Fax: 912041111
Listening to: James Brown - I got you (I feel good)