Re: help with site+database

[...]
    RC> The only systematic benchmark results that have been published
    RC> are of comparing Maildir to mbox.

Have a URL handy?

    RC> Some of the hardware guys at VA were talking about working on
    RC> such things with me at one time, but I think that deal's
    RC> cancelled now...

If it's not proprietary, I'd like to take a peek at what you were
considering (notes etc.).  Ideally I'd like to be able to parse the
MTA and popper logs, generate a model for users/traffic and then test
systems with the typical load * some multiple.  Seems tricky because
one might also need to simulate slow dial-up connections and such.

cheers,

BM