Re: Debian 2.2r2

* dudle@linuxroot.org [2001.03.29 13:59]:
> > > deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main
> > >
> > > Then just "apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade"
> > Doh!  Don't do 'apt-get dist-upgrade'.  Do 'apt-get upgrade' instead,
> > unless you want to install woody.
>
> stable points to potato AFAIK. Is there something I am missing here ?
>
> Haim.

/me wipes the egg off his face...

Hrm...looks like I am mistaken.  I was under the impression that
dist-upgrade would upgrade to the next tree, ie. if you have stable, it
would upgrade to the testing tree.  After reading the man page, I can
see I am wrong.  dist-upgrade *will* do that, but only after changing
your sources.list to reference the testing packages.

So, my apologies, Fraser, and thanks for correcting me, Haim.
--
Cameron Moore