Re: Experience setting up IPv6 via 6to4 for Debian networks

"Jeremy T. Bouse" <jbouse@debian.org> writes:

> 	Yes, at the most recent IETF IPv6 work group meetings in
> San Francisco it was finally determined that site-local was to
> be deprecated.

Why is that?  I find site-local addresses quite convenient for
access control.  I have one machine with a public dynamic IPv4
address.  It then advertises 6to4 and site-local prefixes to a
few other machines in my local network.  I have set these other
machines to accept connections from site-local addresses only.
This is pretty safe as the gateway filters those addresses in
both directions.  I can't easily put global addresses in
hosts.allow because the prefix can change at any time.