Re: Odd behavoiur of one machine - radvd failing?

Tony Hoyle wrote:

[-snip-]

It's a mixture... The machine with the trouble has an FA311 unfortunately bought from PC World (not sure the equivalent in the US - think clueless box shifters who make millions selling stuff to AOL users). The others are 3com in the working desktop machine and some old RTL8029s in the server & gateway.

I thought that the multicast stuff was built on a different layer to the drivers, though?

Upgrading the FA311 is on the cards sometime anyway (it's a pretty awful card) so if that's the problem I'll just do that.

Tony

Don't Blame the FA311. I have a box with 4 of 'em running.
Performes well with a 2.4.18 vanilla and USAGI patched kernel

as router and I have an other box that got autoconfigured with a 2.4.18 USAGI kernel that

works well.

greets Uwe
--
X-Tec GmbH
Institute for Computer and Network Security